Having spent a lifetime dedicated to uplifting the lives of countless Filipinos through education, livelihood programs, and the spirit of “bayanihan”, Tony Meloto is taking on the role as Head of Social Entrepreneurship at MINT College. “Tito” Tony will be teaching Social Entrepreneurship classes under the Entrepreneurial Management program as well as advising the Entrep, Marketing and Technical programs. It is MINT College’s initiative to infuse social responsibility in these specific programs through select projects and activities involving a diverse makeup of students from the MINT community.
Tito Tony has experienced tangible successes in building homes and providing livelihood programs for millions of Filipinos. His partnerships with socially-minded local and international entrepreneurs provides a significant network that enhances his program at MINT. He is also the recipient of numerous prestigious awards including:
- Social Entrepreneur of the World – World Entrepreneurship Forum, 2012
- Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, 2012
- Japan’s Nikkei Asia Prize for Regional Growth, 2011
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst and Young Philippines, 2010
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, 2010
- Top 4 Most Trusted Filipino – Reader’s Digest Asia, 2010
- Filipino of the Year, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 2006
- People of the Year, Philippine Star, 2006
- The Outstanding Filipino Award (TOFIL) Awardee for Community Service, 2006
- Ramon Magsaysay Awardee for Community Leadership, 2006
MINT College is excited and privileged to partner with Tony Meloto. His experience, ingenuity, and overall warm personality is a welcome addition to the MINT family.
Established in the Philippines in 2010, MINT College provides tertiary and secondary level education that is relevant, engaging for students, and taught by industry professionals. MINT offers programs in business, arts and technology with a cross-disciplinary approach strictly adhering to internationally accepted standards. MINT students thrive in a collaborative environment immersed in creativity and engaging activities that prepare them for real-world application.
College programs currently offered are in Business: Entrepreneurial Management, Marketing, Music Business Management; Design and Visual Arts: Multimedia Arts, Film, Theater Arts; and Technology: Computer Science, Information Technology. Senior High School tracks are currently offered in Arts and Design; Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM); and General Academic.